Aims & Learning outcomes
This project-based course aims to provide students with a capstone experience so that they can demonstrate their ability to organize and synthesize knowledge as developed throughout their academic programme. The course aims to enable students to go beyond the boundaries of classroom and to investigate the key issues nowadays the world is facing with and that have to be solved by chemistry and the related technology. Students will need to apply what they have learnt in classroom and also conduct literature search regarding advanced chemistry research and related technology under development to solve the problems identified in their project using various channels. Through this course, students’ creativity and innovation, and also their appreciation for the relevance of chemistry to our daily life can be enhanced.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Observe and evaluate the various issues we are facing with and determine ways in which chemistry can be used to solve the problems.
- Integrate theory and practice, and understand the limitations of their current knowledge.
- Work in a team and to collaborate with people with different background.
- Express scientific ideas effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Develop further logical, critical thinking and creativity.
- Advocate to others the appreciation for chemistry as to its relevance to our daily life.